The Bowen Technique with Regina
For most problems, Bowen is usually the first option as it is a very effective, gentle and efficient therapy. Originating from the late Tom Bowen in the 1950’s, this is a soft tissue remedial therapy which involves the therapist using fingers or thumbs to move over muscle, ligaments and tendons in various parts of the body. This stimulates the body to correct itself not only structurally but may also register mentally and emotionally. In many cases changes can be noticed immediately. The removal of clothing is not necessary. No equipment or oils are used. Acute and long standing chronic pain can often be relieved in just a few sessions. This technique is safe and suitable to be used with all ages. Bowen is a complete therapy in itself and addresses the whole person and not just the body.
“The Bowen Technique is a catalyst in enabling the body to heal itself.” Julian Baker, Principal Instructor and Director of ECBS. www.thebowentechnique.com
Simply stated, the Bowen technique resets the body to heal itself. It creates a deep sense of relaxation and healing seems to occur by affecting the body’s autonomic nervous system, which creates homeostasis at the cellular level.
Connective tissue is an integral part of us and tension in one area of the body can be released that also has a releasing effect elsewhere. With the release of toxins and old patterning, the moves begin to accomplish holistic balance almost immediately. Since the Bowen Technique addresses the body as a whole unit, rather than just the presenting symptom, it embraces the physical, chemical, emotional and mental aspects of each person receiving a treatment.
The Bowen technique helps many problems including:
- Muscular skeletal problems – frozen shoulder. sciatica, back/hip, legs and knee pain, arthritis, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, neck tension, M.E, M.S, Whiplash, RSI, TMJ dysfunction or jaw problems.
- Acute and sporting injuries – shortening recovery time, improving mobility and suppleness.
- Improving circulation – skin, lymphatic and nervous system.
- Digestive problems – constipation, IBS, acid reflux.
- Respiratory problems – asthma, hay fever, sinus congestion and respiratory difficulties.
- Stress management – poor sleep, concentration, anxiety, depression, Migraine, headaches.
- Patients with M.S. have reported increased energy and improved flexibility in the limbs. The minimal approach allows people with M. E. autism and ADHD to also respond very favourably.
- Infertility and during pregnancy have often shown remarkable benefit to.
The human body has the incredible ability to self-heal and this can often be achieved with minimal outside influence. The Bowen practitioner is merely a catalyst, setting the stimulus in motion for process of self healing to occur. A Bowen treatment, whether to address a specific problem or maintain a healthy body, is the essence of simplicity.
The Bowen technique is referred to as a “complementary” modality. This means it will enhance and complement – not interfere with – other medical attention. The application other manipulative therapies immediately after a Bowen session can undermine the effectiveness of the continuing Bowen work. Waiting a week before commencing additional body treatment is therefore recommended.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment for Bowen Therapy in Norwich, Poringland and Stoke Holy Cross
Call Regina Kerschbaumer: 0787 613 3036 for an appointment.
Investment: £60 per session. The 1st consultation is normally an hour and 45 – 60 min for the follow up sessions. Home visits are £80 if in the local area.