Yoga Orchid runs three 90 minute Yoga classes every week in various locations in the Purley area. Due to Regi’s extensive experience these classes are suitable for people of all levels – from beginner through enthusiast to expert.
The classes incorporate both Yin and Yang yoga and Regi teaches with warmth, enthusiasm and clarity. Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga where sequences of deep floor poses or asanas are held for longer periods of time. It relaxes, restores and rejuvenates. Yin yoga is also an essential complement to more active styles of yoga, sport and fitness and offers the opportunity to develop our thoughtful nature. Yang yoga is a more active practice incorporating a continuous flowing sequence of poses that strengthens the muscles, maintains core stability, improves flexibility and agility and enhances creativity and active energy.
Top tips for attending a Yoga class
- Avoid heavy meals before a class. Stick to a piece of fruit or something very light.
- Wear comfortable stretchy/loose clothing. Bring several layers.
- Let the teacher know about any conditions or injury that may affect your practice.
- Avoid strong scents and perfume.
- Turn your mobile phone off
- It is hygienic and advisable to have your own yoga mat, although they are available to borrow at all venues.
- Arrive early with plenty of time to sign-up and to settle into your space.
- Stay for relaxation – leave time so you don’t have to rush off before the end of the class.
- Leave your shoes and drama at the door…