Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Yin Yoga Teacher Training 120hrs RYT with Yinstitute
Interested in teaching Yin Yoga?
Explore the healing art of Yin Yoga, Chakra and Meridian Theory, Mindfulness and Meditation with one of the UK’s most senior and experienced Yin Yoga teachers, Regina Kerschbaumer.
Yin yoga is a practice of mindfulness, where we ‘Stretch into Stillness and Health’. This teacher training is designed to give qualified yoga teachers the confidence to incorporate (the increasingly popular meditative practices of) Yin Yoga and Chakra meditation into their classes. The training focuses on the Anatomy of Yin Yoga, Chakras and Meridians but also explores other Mindfulness techniques.
Small group trainings – for a more personal and intimate learning experience. Sign up now and learn how to teach and extend this ‘gift’ to your audience.
“Regina has a wonderful teaching style with a seemingly limitless knowledge on the subject. I came home from the training course feeling ready to begin teaching and sharing the amazing energy and knowledge that I learned during the week.” ~ Louise Steer
There are two parts to this 120hrs RYT training. During the first 60hrs we study the lower/yin body – ‘Yin Fundamentals’. During the second part of the training we gain a – ‘Energy Body’ – when explore the connection between the lower and upper body.
- The Foundations, History and Practice of Yin Yoga
- Functional Anatomy – Paul Grilley Method
- Skeletal Variations
- Meridian Theory
- Chakra Theory and Meditation Techniques – Kriya Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Yin against the Wall
- Assisted Yin Yoga
- Four Yang flows (inspired by Paul and Suzee Grilley) per Module
Who is this Training for?
- Qualified Yoga teachers (200hrs RYT) as well as trainee and aspiring yoga teachers (although please be aware that you won’t be able to teach Yin Yoga until you have your 200 hour qualification)
- Experienced Yin Yoga teachers looking for a refresher course, new information and ongoing training
- Teachers who wants to learn more about the Chakras and Mindfulness
- Also for therapists, social workers, physiotherapists, chiropractors, psychotherapists, life coaches, psychologists, massage therapists.
- Bodywork professionals who have a regular yoga practice and wish to integrate mindfulness and meditation techniques into your offerings.
- Advanced yoga students – attending 2 or more yoga classes per week – who love yin yoga. If you wish to know more about the practice, for personal yoga practice development.
I’m Regina (Regi) a highly qualified and experienced, international, senior Yoga Teacher and founder of Yinstitute for further Yin Yoga teacher training. As a professional trainer and continuing education provider I have been accredited by the Yoga Alliance UK and USA.
I am a ‘disciple’ of Paul Grilley, the ‘godfather’ of Yin Yoga, having trained with him directly since 2006 and continued my studies directly under Paul & Suzee Grilley and Sarah & Ty Powers until I completed 500+hrs RYT with both. After more 15 years of teaching, with over 2000 RYT, and over 35 years of bodywork I decided that it is time to share my knowledge and passion of Yin Yoga with other like minded souls. You can read more about me here
I truly believe “A yoga teacher is a guru as well as a student for life.”
Immerse yourself into the practice of ‘authentic’ pure Yin Yoga – Meridian Theory, Kriya Yoga, Chakra Meditation and Theory, Yoga Nidra and Embodied Mindfulness. Join me for this advanced Yin Yoga Teacher Training.
“Thank you for all your inspiration, I found new inspiration through you and the course”.
~ Cornelia King
When & Where?
Yin Fundamentals – Module 1 – in Surrey, England 2020
- Certification: 60 hours RYT (Module 1) with Yoga Orchid Yinstitute’s Yoga Alliance UK, further teacher training program.This Training is delivered using a modular approach – split between 3 weekend units, once a month, spread over 3 months, so that it can fit around your busy life, family or work schedule and more importantly, it gives you a month – in between – to digest all the information.
- Dates: over 3 weekends on a Saturday and a Sunday
- Back layer of the Body (20hrs RYT) – January 2021
- Middle Layer of the Body (20hrs RYT) – February 2021
- Front Layer of the Body (20 hrs RYT) – March 2021
- Venue: To be confirmed
- Price: Early registration for an early bird discount. Register by 28 November and save £60 – £760.00
- Registration fee after 29 November 2020 is £820.00 for the full course
- Flexible Delivery – if you miss any units you can always make up with a unit from the next training group to complete all units in the full course of 120hrs £290 per weekend if just doing part of the training.
- Limited to 10 students – small group – the personal approach.
- Reserve your space with a £250 deposit (full training) or £150 (per weekend).
- Register your interest here.
Why you should invest in this further training?
Are you an experienced yoga teacher, body worker or therapist who wants to take your teaching to the next level? Do you prefer a small group setting and more the more intimate, hands on way of learning?
Deepen your understanding of not only the physical body but also the emotional, mental and energetic body. This Advanced Further Training for Yoga Teachers will provide you with comprehensive understanding in how to introduce into your teaching the principles of Yin Yoga and the Chakras.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the ‘Meridian Sandwich’ how to use Yin postures and Chakra meditations to balance the energetic systems of the body. In addition you will learn complementary Yang-flows (inspired by Paul and Suzee Grilley) designed to improve strength, agility and to stimulate the circulatory system of the body.
Numbers on the course are limited to ten. This small group experience because it is much more personal and therefore can be a significant factor in supporting the process of learning. Material will be presented in a way that is accessible and interactive.
Contact me now for a 30 min Zoom call
- to discuss what you are looking for
- for me to explain what Yinstitute offers
- to make sure we are a good fit
- to find out more about the authentic Yin Yoga style of teaching
- for you to ask questions
- I will send you a link to a recording of a 90 minute Yin class.
- After the call I will let you know if this training is the right one for you.
Not sure about Yin Yoga?
Yinstitute teacher training is a lifelong commitment and I will continue to support all of my students personally with:
- A facilitated teacher sangha, with a member only facebook group “Yinsters of Yinstitute” access to share and support each other.
- I regularly post reflections, news and articles to help inspire you and your teaching.
- offering you £5 discount on the CPD Masterclasses (Yoga Alliance accredited) to keep you up to date after your training and give you a chance to regularly experience deep Yin Yoga practice and Yoga Nidra
- 10% discounts to attend week long yoga retreats with a mix of students and Yinstitute trained teachers
- Most importantly – to advertise your classes to potential students in your area – an Alumni page on the Yoga Orchid website.
Summary of Training
A total of 60(RYT) hours training per module:
6 Hours of Kriya Yoga (Chakra Meditations)
8 Hours of Chakra Theory
15 Hours of Asana Practice and Theory
7 Hours Philosophy of Mindfulness (Theory and Practices)
4 Hours Yoga Philosophy
6 Hours of Yoga Nidra
14 Hours of required Self Study (Reading and Written Assignments)
- Yin Yoga: principles and practice by Paul Grilley. ISBN 1935952706
- Autobiography of a Yogi – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Video: Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley.
- Insight Yoga – Sarah Powers
- The Complete guide to Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark
- Yoga Nidra – Kamini Desai
- Video: Yin Yoga – Paul Grilley
“Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.”
~ B.K.S. Iyengar