Meditation with Regina
“If you truly want to change your life you must first change your mind.”
What is Meditation?
When we meditate, we are really spying in on ourselves.
Meditation is a tool to help us to improve our lives, to relax our physical body, improve relationships, release stress on conscious and unconscious levels. In the spaciousness and stillness of the mind we start to recognise our true nature and rest into our natural awareness.
Meditation gives us insight to the absolute, to understand that there is no self and as a result helps us to open our hearts to true loving kindness and compassion.
Meditation can help us to raise our physic, intuitive and healing abilities. It gives us an opportunity to escape from all the fears, anxiety, worries and concerns. It helps to give us a new perspective on our lives.
Meditation doesn’t have to be only sitting still in silence. It can be a guide Yoga Nidra, a mindful conscious, slow movement with full awareness of where you are in that moment, space and time. When washing the dishes focus on the water, the soap and cloth touching your skin. Feel the warmth of the water. Look at two roses, pay attention to the similarities but notice the differences.
A good start is be totally mindful for one minute and perform this twenty times a day. That is already the beginning of meditative awareness – helping us to connect with our inner life – to become whole in body, mind and spirit.
There are many ways to meditate. It is about finding the way that works for you.
Chakra Meditation and Bija Chanting
Wednesday mornings at 7.10 – 7.30 am – live on studio Be – in the comfort of your own home!
Quiet your mind and heal your body. Join me on studio BE for as little as $20 per month.
Here is a referral link for a complimentary 14-day trial – click here!
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra — known as yogic sleep — is a structured guided meditation and conscious relaxation practice that is intended to induce total physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. Yoga Nidra helps shift your brain into the zone between sleeping and waking states and even more, it helps cells regenerate and repair. Most noteworthy it can decrease anxiety and improve our mood. It’s like your body sleeps while your mind remains conscious and clear while it recharges.
Make time for yourself, invest in your health and well being, learn to rest and relax…
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- One hour of yoga nidra practice equals four hours of natural sleep.
- Deep meditative states.
- Balance of the nervous system and increase the production of endorphins, the hormones of happiness,
- Lower levels of immunosuppressants, noradrenaline and cortisol.
- Reduction of the rhythm of our brain waves and harmonisation of the two hemispheres.
- Stress relief, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, hypertension.
- Development and use of non-analytical mind for personal growth purposes.
- Mental reprogramming and proposal of objectives.
- Increased learning capabilities, memory, intuition, creativity.
- Spontaneous manifestation of our inner potential and our resources.
- Cleansing of the subconscious and limiting memories.
- Lucidity to deal with conflicting situations.
- Expansion of altered states of mind.
- Integral harmonisation.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a technique you can learn which involves making a special effort to notice what’s happening in the present moment without judging anything. It can be easy to rush through life without stopping to notice much. However paying more attention to the present moment and also to your body, own thoughts and feelings and to the world around you, can improve your mental wellbeing.
There has been endless research done on Mindfulness and most noteworthy it appears to be a very successful practice on one’s overall health and wellbeing.
Benefits of Mindfulness:
- Decrease Stress
- Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
- Increased awareness, attention and focus
- Increased clarity in thinking and brain functioning
- Lowered anxiety levels – being calm and internally still
- Experience of feeling connected
- Increased immune function
- Deep skeletal-muscular relaxation, removal of blockages and physical pain.